Thursday, February 14, 2008

Photos from Liege

Hey everyone - my parents were kind enough to mail me the camera cable I left in Portland, so I can now upload the pictures from my trip to Liege. Curiously, I posted captions above the pictures, not below, but I think you will figure it out! Here they are...

Here we have some freaky dolls in the window of a dreadlock store, and below, the huge amount of stairs.

Which lead to a beautiful view of Liege.




Then the trip back down, for more exploring.

DAY 2
The view from the pedestrian bridge


The yarn store/cafe I didn't manage to visit on Saturday

La Cathedrale

The following pictures are from my Sunday morning walk along les quais.





This picture (above) especially reminds me of Portland's esplanade, for some reason.


After the art museum (that white building in the left side of the picture), I walked some more.

And came across this fun statue!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liège? Leuk, niet zo?

We've driven or railed through many times, but never stopped -- usually we've been in Maastricht, or Luxembourg, and it's just something in the way. You make me want to spend a couple of days!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it makes you wonder...there must be so many nice cities, waiting to be visited...