Sunday, July 19, 2009

Save the Beavers!

Baseball, as you know, is a consuming passion of mine.

When I'm faced with the possibility of losing Portland's baseball team, the Beavers, to make room for Major League Soccer, I find it hard to think about much else, and even harder to write about it.

So, I've written about baseball again, and am directing you once more to my other blog, Baseball Without Borders.

If you're not a baseball fan, I hope you at least understand my passion and enthusiasm in terms of something that you love and enjoy - whether it be soccer or basketball, dinosaurs or photography, mysteries or thrillers. A hobby or passion that, if it was lost or taken away from you, its absence would break your heart.

If you can imagine that, then I hope you will sign this petition to keep America's National Pastime in Portland.

No comments: