Thursday, February 8, 2007

"Dear All

"RTL nieuws have told us that the item they came to film yesterday at RA (including Daan's birthday do) will be shown tonight. The news starts at 19.30 and the story about RA is expected to be near the end of the 20 minute programme.
If you miss it, it will be available afterwards on http://mail.roac.nl/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/"

This is where I live. As in, this is my house, and Daan is my housemate, and the people watching TV behind him are my other housemates, and the beer crates outside are not mine. I swear.

But it was Daan's birthday party so they had them there.

Tonight I skipped the yearbook meeting because cooking and talking with Maurits and Yves and the dinner which followed was much more entertaining. I really enjoy living with a bunch of guys. They asked me what is the biggest difference between living with guys and living with girls. Um... all of it?!? (Or should I just say, "the toilet seat"...)

After, I went to Charlotte's for dessert and then came home to struggle with my Dutch homework. I have a quiz in sociolinguistics tomorrow, so I guess I will be... studying tomorrow.

My primary source of motivation is any thoughts of a semester abroad, which I will hopefully spend in Prague if I can just get my GPA high enough. If I am reading and start to get distracted, I think "PRAGUE!" and get back to work.

Well, "PRAGUE" was hanging over me all day, because I didn't get any work done, and instead spent several hours and a good three euros and 40 cents on lame, Starbucks-style coffee at the HEMA (you don't want to know) and some star lights (hey. they were on sale for one-fifty, and rather irresistible). I'm broke, I should be saving that money for, say, eating.

But I had a fun day.

Last night there was a party in my living room (for Daan's birthday, hence the beer crates), and I "attended" for about an hour, then went to sleep at midnight. I'm not sure how I managed that because there was loud noise coming from the living room, which is right across the hall from my room. But I managed, and this morning I woke up at 8 and was out at 9. I went to the grocery store to buy ingredients for coleslaw to take to the international student potluck, and everything was beautiful... yesterday it snowed for several hours, huge flakes the size of the feathers that fill your pillow, so everything today was covered in a thin layer of white. And, of course, the sun was shining and the sky was clear.

I was wondering if I had ever seen Middelburg at 9 o'clock on a Wednesday morning. I usually sleep until at least ten on Wednesdays, because I am usually out dancing at Club Divine until about 3 AM on Tuesday night. I might change those habits this semester. (Prague... Prague... Prague...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can see that newsclip if you shorten the URL to just

http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/

SNEEUW! Mooi!