Friday, June 6, 2008

6 June 2008

I hope that you have found my new weblog and are actually reading this, and that my words are not just hanging out there in cyberspace (which reminds me of the Simon & Garfunkel song "The Dangling Conversation"). I changed my blog, and my blog url, and everything, and for that I am sorry! It really doesn't work to change blogs all the time.

Here's the thing, though. The title of my other blog ("Ik Kom Uit Amerika") was made up quickly, on the spot, because I wanted to write and didn't want to worry about things like blog titles. As a result, I picked a title that I am sick of and don't really like. Besides, the coming-from-America part of me seems lesser every day. Not in a bad way, it's just that I don't define myself as "American" anymore - if anything, it's "Half-American, half Czech, lived in a lot of places in between".

Hopefully this blog title will be more lasting. I think "Grace on the Go" can work for a long time because I will probably be on the go for a long time, and even when I stop being on the go, really I will still be going places, if only on vacation - or even if you have to take it to the literal extreme and see me as going to the grocery store, etc.

Another reason for the change is that I use gmail now, but for some reason I haven't been able to switch my blog onto my gmail account, and have to log out of one every time I log into the other. I think I can save a lot of time by changing again - one last time!

So hope you found it. Sorry for the confusion, etc.

1 comment:

Charles Shere said...

It's a nice name. Having switched among blogaddresses myself I know a little what you're going through. I hope you put a link to the old site on the blogpage, though...