Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update

Tomorrow I'll be going to Tilburg to take the Tilburg Tour of Portland, alone.

Again.

All of my attempts at friend (and even very slight acquaintances) convincing failed miserably. The two people who seemed like they might actually be interested had class and other school-related things, so I'm on my own. Again.

I'm getting sick of it, to be honest.

I'm just hoping this is no Harlemse Honkbalweek Repeat. I don't think it will be though; the tour itself will probably be a pretty small intimate affair and I'm sure I will talk to some of my fellow guidees. I hope.

Then I can report back to you guys - where have you gone? At least my family used to read this blog, but now I'm wondering who does...

The Sox beat the Rays and are finally back in the lead in the AL East - although the Rays are also in that spot. I guess we can share for 24 hours or so, but we'll want it to ourselves soon.

That's a happy thought for while I'm wandering around Tilburg ALONE post-tour.

8 comments:

Thérèse said...

I'm here! Expat life is lonely sometimes. I remember.

The whole Tilburg-Portland thing was new to me. Sounds far out. Please report back!

Unknown said...

Well, I read your blog from time to time and I wish I had read this one earlier so I could have gone to the Portland Tilburg walk this weekend. And here's a vote against writing in books; to the next reader, it seems like someone is talking while you are trying to read. Best regards from Portland- Katie

Grace said...

Hey Katie - yes, I kind of agree with the books; I think my teacher is European enough that he assumes we will never part with the book one we've bought it. Obviously these people know nothing about the book exchange that is Powell's City of Books, and other used bookstores.

Devin said...

I got one of these, so now I'll read yours!

Severin Wrights said...

I'll read yours if you read mine :) However I'm not liking blogspot as much as I do lj. Not used to it yet.

Charles Shere said...

6race -- be sure to let us know what you thought of the tour. I haven't had time to write about it yet -- busy with guests meetings etc. -- but I will, soon.
Let's try to remember to add "subscribe" buttons to our blog templates soon -- when I get to a computer I'll look into that (right now I'm on my Treo).

Charles Shere said...

We're here although we didn't know about this blog until recently. I'm very curious to hear what you thought of the tour and whether it brought to mind the places in Portland in a way that the Tilburg tour couldn't have done for us since we had never been there.

As for dreams I don't remember mine either and I manage.

Love,

Grand'mere

Giovanna said...

And I'm definitely here--I've just been away from computers for a week, so didn't know you had posted. But I'm waiting patiently to hear about the Portland Tilburg tour--I would have gone with you in a second, but was wandering around Chicago that afternoon!